Boutique lodge accommodation near Collingwood, Golden Bay
"Where people still matter"
Please phone us to make a booking on (03) 524 8731.
Nestled amongst serene surroundings in the beautiful Golden Bay between Kahurangi National Park (with the Heaphy Track) and the Abel Tasman National Park, New Zealand, Ferntown Lodge offers boutique accommodation with a difference. Whether you're on your honeymoon, looking for a bit of adventure amongst the vast array of walks, tracks and scenic lanscapes or a bit of time out relaxing in the spa to soothe the muscles, we offer a truly unique Kiwi experience - one you will remember for years to come.
The park-like grounds contain one of New Zealand's finest virgin lowland totara forests, which are protected by a QEII Covenant. Without even leaving the lodge, you can experience the wonderful hidden walks amongst the serene native bush and native birdlife, take a kayak through the property's many tranquil waterways, or just relax in the privacy of your own villa.
Facilities and activities include:
- Discrete villa with hot tub and all the amenities
- Kayaks for use around the property free of charge
- Private bush and nature walks
- Walks to Wharariki Beach - an ever changing beach with waves, sand dunes and seals
- Totaranui in the centre of Abel Tasman National Park - 50 minutes drive from Ferntown Lodge has various walks and water taxis.
- Scenic Flights
- Rock Climbing
- A great base for the countless activities and adventures offered by Golden Bay
- Continental Breakfast Provided
- Organic Fruits, Vegetables & Herbs
Your hosts will be Brian (the Sheriff) and Judy who have many years of hospitality experience in ownership of such places as the famous Cardrona Hotel.